Recycling Market Development Grants
The Recycling Market Development Grants will assist South Australian recycling businesses to find new, local markets for their products and reduce their need for risky overseas markets.
This grant was developed in response to China’s recent import restrictions on recyclable materials. The restrictions have impacted South Australian recycling businesses that export materials such as scrap plastics, metals, paper, cardboard and textiles to China.
Funding available $300,000 up to a maximum of $100,000 per applicant. Applicants must be able to provide 50% matched funding. Non-financial (in-kind) contributions cannot be included.
Who is eligible? Local councils, industry associations and organisations that produce, manufacture, sell or promote South Australian recycled materials and/or recycled-content products. All applicants must be legally constituted entities and comply with all federal and state laws.
What kind of projects are eligible?
- validate the quality and performance of local recycled materials and/or recycled-content products, and include (but are not limited to) the following activities:
- provide product quality testing with accredited testing organisations
- develop new or amended product technical specifications
- develop new or amended product standards
- provide associated certification or accreditation processes linked to the product standards or specifications
- other activities that will support development of products that meet market requirements and the associated education, training and awareness raising activities.
- develop new markets or expand existing markets for local recycled materials and/or recycled-content products
- undertake communication and promotional activities that increase awareness and understanding of the performance and benefits of the recycled-content products
- undertake detailed market analysis, market development and implementation plans
- provide engagement activities that will connect suppliers with potential markets
- develop partnerships to build new customer groups or increase demand by a particular industry sector
- develop model practices that address barriers to the purchase of recycled-content products, improve procurement specifications, or increase market leverage for ‘buying recycled’.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Wednesday 31 May 2018
For further information visit the Green Industries website.