New RDAMR Board focused on developing opportunities for the region.
RDAMR Board Members left to right: Andrew Kassebaum, Elaine Bensted, Bridget Mather, Chair Jodie Hawkes, Sandy Iosefellis, Margaret Howie, Peter Walker, Steven Walker. Absent: Petrina Coventry & Sheridan Alm
Mrs Jodie Hawkes, Chair of Regional Development Australia Murraylands and Riverland (RDAMR), is thrilled to welcome newly appointed RDAMR Board Members.
Earlier this year, Mrs Hawkes was appointed as RDAMR Chair by the Australian Government’s Assistant Minister for Regional Development and Territories, the Hon. Nola Marino MP. With RDAMR Board memberships recently expiring, Assistant Minister Marino again received support from State and Local Governments, through The Hon David Basham MP (SA Minister for Primary Industries and Regional Development) and Mayors Angela Evans (President Local Government Association (LGA) of SA) and Peter Hunt (President Murraylands and Riverland LGA), to appoint RDAMR’s new Board.
Assistant Minister Marino welcomed the appointment of the RDAMR’s ten-member Board, with five returning members, including Mr Peter Walker as the newly appointed Deputy Chair.
“I welcome the appointment of Mr Peter Walker as Deputy Chair of RDA Murraylands and Riverland, along with the new and returning committee members. The Australian Government greatly appreciates the voluntary contribution made by these community leaders to the development of the Murraylands and Riverland region.” Minister Marino MP stated.
Mrs Hawkes, RDAMR Chair, thanked all applicants for their interest in contributing to the growth of a prosperous region and welcomed new Board members, noting that the pool of applicants encompassed prominent local professionals and community leaders from across the Murraylands and Riverland.
“I am very pleased to announce the appointment of such a high-calibre and diverse Board. Our new Board comprises a wealth of regional leadership, knowledge and skills that span the sectors that are critical to our region’s future.” Mrs Hawkes stated.
Members of the RDAMR Board:
- Returning Member, appointed to mid-2025:
- Chair, Jodie Hawkes, Bowhill Engineering (Murraylands).
- Returning Members, appointed to mid-2023:
- Deputy Chair, Peter Walker, Walker Citrus (Riverland)
- Elaine Bensted, Zoos SA (Murraylands)
- Margaret Howie, Nelwood Estate Pty. Ltd (and former TradeStart) (Riverland)
- Andrew Kassebaum, Vineyard and Business Owner (Riverland)
- Newly appointed Members, to mid-2025:
- Sheridan Alm, Yatco Pty.Ltd (Riverland)
- Professor Petrina Coventry, Beston Global Food and Adelaide University (Murraylands)
- Sandy Iosefellis, YFRESH Pty. Ltd. (and former RDAMR) (Riverland)
- Bridget Mather, Coorong District Council (Murraylands)
- Steven Walker, Kookaburra Homes (Murraylands).
RDAMR looks forward to providing a profile of each of our Board members over the coming weeks.