Our region is open for business with a major regional business report identifying significant opportunities within the Murraylands and Riverland Region.
The Murraylands and Riverland region is open for investment. We have a diverse and resilient economic base upon which you can build a strong and profitable future.
Primary production is our core economic strength, conservatively valued at $2.2 billion each year. This industry is underpinned by our leadership in water efficiency and our advanced knowledge and research base, enabling us to competitively produce the variety of products we do in the specific climate and soils of our region. Our strong biosecurity means we are phylloxera and fruit fly free. Our region is well-placed to meet the growing demand for premium, clean and healthy food production for Australia and international markets.
The primary production sector underpins a range of allied and supporting industries. With access to an abundance of fertile land, infrastructure, efficient transportation routes and a stable workforce, the region is poised for investment and expansion in these allied and other emerging industries.
Emerging industries include transport, value-added processing, distribution and warehousing, manufacturing, environmental business, water resource management, mining and the intensive animal industry. Transport activities are linked to the focus on warehousing and distribution of wholesale goods, which is gaining in local economic momentum. Nature-based experiences are a strong growth sector of the wider tourism industry. Water resource management has achieved national recognition and underpins many other state-wide business activities.
The core strengths of our region include:
- Proximity and access to the Murray River and its water resources
- Fertile, flat farmland, stable climate and strong biosecurity
- Relatively cheap land for residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural use
- Proximity and freight networks to large markets
- Skills and knowledge of farming in our region built up over many generations (eg. understanding what crops and farming methods work best in our unique soils and climate, world-leading water efficient irrigation)
- Ability of our commercial operations to leverage best practice techniques and technology (eg. energy efficiency, minimising waste, leading agricultural research)
With our extensive networks and local knowledge, we can help you find reliable and trustworthy business partners, and investment opportunities with upside potential. We provide a supportive business environment and can guide you through the investment process.