Resources for starting a new business or growing an established enterprise.
Trusted Trader works by accrediting businesses that can demonstrate compliant trade practices and a secure international supply chain. The program is administered by the Australian Border Force, is free to apply for and one of our officers will guide you throughout the application process. Once accredited, Trusted Traders can get on with their business, moving faster around the Australian border as well as internationally.
Truster Trader DL brochure 2018
Businesses that can’t find workers in Australia may be able to engage workers from Pacific island countries under the new Pacific Labour Scheme. The Scheme helps businesses in rural and regional Australia, that can show they are unable to find workers in Australia, to sponsor workers from the Pacific to fill low and semi-skilled jobs for up to three years.
The Scheme is open to all industries, with a focus on:
- the accommodation and food services industry;
- health care and social assistance industry; and
- non-seasonal agriculture, forestry and fishing industries.The Scheme is supported by the Pacific Labour Facility which will provide support including:
- assisting interested businesses to understand and access the Scheme;
- connecting Australian businesses with Pacific workers;
- providing pastoral care to Pacific workers;
- administering the Scheme in partnership with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Information on the Scheme is included in the attached fact-sheets and a self-assessment checklist is also provided for use by businesses who may be interested in the Scheme. Further resources and information including FAQs and video testimonial from an employer are available here.