MURRAY RIVER LAKES & COORONG TOURISM ALLIANCE
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – INDUSTRY/COMMUNITY BOARD MEMBER POSITIONS & INDEPENDENT CHAIRPERSON
We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced persons for board positions and the appointment of an independent Chairperson to the Board of the Murray River Lakes & Coorong Tourism Alliance (MRLCTA); a group formed by its constituent Councils (Rural City of Murray Bridge, Coorong District Council, Mid Murray Council and Alexandrina Council) and Regional Development Australia Murraylands & Riverland as a Regional Tourism Organisation.
MRLCTA is responsible for the holistic development of tourism, including marketing and promotion, and advocacy in the Murray River Lakes & Coorong region. The Board is responsible for strategic direction and oversight of MRLCTA and ensuring it meets its objectives as set out in the Terms of Reference.
Two industry/community Board Member positions and the Independent Chair position are available for a term of up to four years.
Do you have skills and experience in:
- financial management / legal / corporate governance
- marketing & promotions (including events)
- environmental management
- tourism industry / business management (general)
Do you have the following attributes?
- Ability to work with a diverse team to achieve outcomes
- Strategic outlook
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to influence and generate support
- Ability to contribute time for meetings and be involved in working groups
- Knowledge of the Murray River Lakes & Coorong tourism region will be an advantage. People living in or conducting business in the region are encouraged to apply.
Please note: The position of Board Members are voluntary positions. The Chair receives a small honorarium in recognition of out of pocket expenses associated with performance of the role.
a Position Description, a copy of the Terms of Reference for MRLCTA and an Expression of Interest form
Download the following documents for your review and application:
- Position Description – Chairperson
- Position Description – Board Member
- Terms of Reference
- Expression of Interest Form
Please forward a completed Expression of Interest form marked “Confidential” and addressed to the CEO, RDA Murraylands & Riverland Inc. PO Box 134, Murray Bridge SA 5253 or via email to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 5th July, 2019.