3-Day Regional Leadership Development Program
The 3-Day Regional Leadership Development Program (RLDP) will be open to people who reside in the Murraylands and Riverland region and are ready to broaden their leadership skills. RLDP will focus on personal growth, self-awareness, communication, and relationship development.
About the Program
The program works across three targeted areas and culminates in building a personal development plan to put it all into action.
When you first become a leader, along with the excitement, you experience many changes in responsibility and status. Training has been developed to assist businesses, organisations, and community groups to improve their ‘bench strength’ of up-and-coming leaders, by helping individuals realise their role is changing and giving them insight into the necessary leadership competencies.
How to apply/Register
How will it work?
The RLDP 3-Day Program will commence in November and is delivered over three individual training days:
The Regional Leadership Development Program is open to people who:
- Are over 18 years of age – there is no upper age limit
- Live, work, or are otherwise part of a community within one of the eight
- Murraylands and Riverlandlocal Government areas
- Can commit the time to complete the 3-Day program
- Show a genuine interest and involvement in their community
Participants will be expected to commit to:
- The time and travel requirements of the program including workshop sessions.
- Preparation prior to workshop sessions (reading and reflection).
- Participating as an active learner and group member.
- 100% attendance for the 3-days.
- Highly experienced facilitators who are experts in leadership development.
- Interactive and experiential workshop sessions inclusive of morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Program materials including handouts and activities to support learning.
Transport costs associated with travel to and from venues. We do encourage participants to travel together, where applicable. We can assist with connecting you to other participants.
*Catering or accommodation requirements outside of above-mentioned
The program consists of:
Working together for better outcomes – Having effective meetings and developing partnerships.
Purposeful and sustained community action relies on people and governance. Gaining support and resources for community action relies on strong connections.
This session will explore the more adaptive elements of group and meeting management within community group structures, as well as gaining input from diverse stakeholders.
The session will delve into how we can figure out who we could partner with to achieve our goals, and once identified, how can we establish and maintain successful partnerships with a range of individuals, organisations, entities, and government agencies to achieve our goals.
Leading in challenging times -Introduction to Adaptive Leadership
The problems facing communities are more complex than ever – how do we make progress on challenging problems and lead diverse groups with conflicting priorities?
What are some of the basic theories, structures and activities that will help us consider complex situations from a range of perspectives? How can this be of practical use to us as we lead action?
Adaptive Leadership is an approach to leading that enables people to approach challenges effectively.
To be a good community leader and an advocate you need to be able to communicate well and with confidence. This session will provide participants with key strategies and practice in understanding their values, engaging others, designing impactful communication and presentations, and how to present powerfully, including managing the specifics of nerves, breathing, and making eye contact.